Saturday, September 09, 2006

Alice in Wonderland, Deluxe Edition

Reviews found on Lewis Carroll: The Complete, Fully Illustrated Works, Deluxe Edition:
I rate Alice in Wonderland a 3 star rating. The author is very creative in this novel; she uses the literary element personifications through out the whole book. She does a very good job with this by how she portrays the character in the book, (ex: the Queen as a snob)
This person actually thinks that Lewis Carroll is female. How is Lewis a girl's name? Also, how does one possibly go through life without ever running across the fact that Alice in Wonderland was written by a man?

Here's a review that I'm pretty certain was written by a second grader. The underlining is mine.
I reviewd this story as an interesting use of the authors imagination, also the way Lewis Carroll had a great ideas for characters for example : the Mad Hatter, the Weeping Turtle, the Diabolical Queen of Hearts , Cheshire the Cat, Tweedledum, Tweedle, and the Dutchess. All these characters were so interesting because I have never heard things like that berfore and thins like "Alice" drowning in her own puddle of tears.These things you don't see in a typical girl's dream basically all that's in a typical girls dream is flowers, playing with their dolls ,and girly stuff like that. This story also tells about how dreams can come true to you but not existing to no one else but you'r self . This story has affected me by looking inside me and others to see how we are in several ways in the dreams that we have . The writer is giving a message on how dreams can come true no matter what will happen. But other than that I liked this story it was very interesting.
You can tell it's a second grader because no one does sexism quite like small children.

Also, I like the quote marks around "Alice." The reviewer seems to be suspicious of her. "Alice" is not who you think she is!

I've saved the best for last, and it's stupidity best digested in chunks.
I think the book Alice in Wonderland is a very good book. While it can be confusing at times, it makes you wonder. For example, when they were talking to the turtle, it didn't make very much sense. Also, the trial over the pastries, it was very idiotic, and if that trial happened today it would get thrown out.
No, it wouldn't. The Queen's lawyers would tell the jury that the Mad Hatter kicks his dog and the Mad Hatter would have to pay Her Majesty $10,000 in damages.

Faith in the system is for naïve idiots and amazon reviewers.
The author's use of language was very unlike our language today. For example, when she said so many times the words, " shot up", it sounds English or something. The book has this tone a lot throughout it. Maybe the author has English back round.
There is absolutely no snide comment I could possibly make that could improve those four sentences.
The main character is Alice. At sometimes she can seem clueless, and go on rambling like while talking with the turtle. She even pointed it out her-self. A lot of her decisions during the book make no sense.
Neither does your decision to hyphenate "herself" but you don't hear me bitching about it on Amazon, do you?

The review also contains these gems:
But it was in very easy to understand language, accept for the times people were talking non-sense.

There was many times where she confused me sometimes.

One thing of the book I did not understand was the theme.

The cat that kept disappearing and appearing even asked her why did she need directions to somewhere, if she didn't know where she was going.
That may have been my favorite dumb review EVER.

7 Comments:

Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Natalie Eve! I am so happy that you found my site! I've just had a look through your blog. Please tell the little devil on your shoulder to stop whispering negative comments about your writing, Ok?

May I please link your blog to mine?

10:17 AM  
Blogger natalie_eve said...

Please do. I'd be thrilled. :)

11:47 AM  
Blogger Little Willow said...

Alice in Wonderland is fantastic. Some of those reviews are not. ;)

2:41 PM  
Blogger lifelongreader said...

Love those reviews - great stuff.

And I always thought the writer's name was Carol (sic) Lewis! lol

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unquestionably consider that which you stated. Your favourite reason appeared to be on the web the simplest thing to bear in mind of.
I say to you, I definitely get annoyed whilst folks think about worries that they just don't recognise about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the entire thing with no need side effect , other people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

Feel free to visit my blog post ... d'nest Condo

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right here is the perfect webpage for anybody who wants to understand this topic.
You realize so much its almost tough to argue with you (not
that I personally would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a new spin on a subject which
has been discussed for many years. Excellent stuff, just great!


my webpage; http://www.jnmassage.info

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi therе! I rеalize this is kind of off-topic however I needed tօ ask.

Does operating a well-established blog sսch
as yoսrs take a lօt of աork? I am completely new to operating a blog
Һowever I do write in my journal every day.

I'd like to start a blog so I wіll bе able to share my expеrience and feelings online.
Please let me know if you havе any kind of ideas οr tips for brand new aspiring blog oԝners.

Thankyou!

Herе is my web site ... pod zyrafa

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home